Would you like to buy a book that helps you learn German, but do not know which? I’ve made this website german-ebooks to share with you the most favorite Books for learning German. With most of them, I also work with my students myself. I have divided the categories into German Grammar, Self-Study, Course Books A1, A2, B1 Advanced B2 / C1 / C2, and you will find some Free Ebooks for Download in every Category.
Books for learning German: You have to pay attention!
You can certainly imagine that there is not ONE perfect book that is perfect for everyone. If you buy books for learning German, you have to pay attention to the following things:
Do you study alone or with a teacher?
Do you mainly want to focus on grammar or learn new vocabulary
Do you value many exercises with the appropriate solutions?
Would you like a book that is only in German or would you like explanations in English or your native language?
Would you also like to learn new learning techniques and should you also be listening to it?
Are you a beginner, advanced or do you speak almost as well as a native speaker?
These are all important things you need to keep in mind when you want to choose the best books for learning German If you do not, you will either quickly be disappointed or overwhelmed by your new book. Think about whether the book or the material with which you are learning German at the moment suits you and what you want to learn! That’s important, because only then can you learn effectively and you will boost your German Language Skills with Reading books in German.
What makes a good German as a foreign language book?
A good DAF course should meet the following criteria:
- It must be adapted to the age of the learner. Learning methods for children, adolescents and adults all look different.
- It must correspond to the level of the learner. Most textbooks follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1-C2).
- It must have teaching content that prepares the learner for real situations that he or she might experience in a German-speaking country.
- It must include illustrations that increase understanding. It should include educational material, such as an exercise book, a CD, a DVD or an app.
- It must have an attachment with conjugations, vocabulary and grammatical statements.